AMD's Zen chips are supposed to be as fast as Intel's fastest, and they may also be a lot cheaper. If the rumors come true, Intel will finally have some competition in high-end gaming CPUs.
PC Components - News
AMD's Zen chip is just around the corner; it'll first come to gaming systems any day now. There's a lot of excitement about Zen, which AMD believes is its most important chip this decade.
Nvidia wants you to download, install, and use GeForce Experience 3.0 for a chance to win a copy of Gears of War 4.
CPU performance increases were ignored for years, but AMD put them back on the map with its upcoming Zen chip. This has rubbed off on Intel in a good way.
Intel's has reached Kaby Lake with its PC chips but isn't done with the previous generation Skylake architecture quite yet.
AMD has a clear-cut business plan: Its upcoming 32-core Zen chip will bring it back into high performance servers, and the company has expressed a desire to make high-performing GPUs for such systems.
AMD's Radeon Pro WX graphics cards will drive content creation for games and VR.
The VRMs on EVGA's GeForce GTX 10-series graphics cards can get hot in extreme circumstances, so the company's rolling out two fixes.
It's deal time! With its next-gen Zen chips just around the corner, AMD wants to unload AM3+ motherboards, and PCs that use them.
The Game Ready 375.57 driver Nvidia released on Friday broke some Windows 10 features, but it was quickly replaced.
AMD's slashing the price of the Radeon RX 460 and Radeon RX 470 with newfound competition from Nvidia on the horizon.
Samsung today announced a new 8GB DRAM package with 10-nanometer-class process circuitry that has twice the capacity and twice the speed of DDR4 DRAM used in PCs.
Nvidia's new GeForce GTX 1050 and GeForce GTX 1050 Ti graphics cards are downright affordable and don't require any extra power connectors.
Shadow Warrior 2 is the first traditional PC game to include Nvidia's multi-resolution shading technology, and it's a game changer.
RIP, AMD Gaming Evolved.
Latest News Articles
- AMD will sneak-peek its high-end Zen CPU in December, starting a new CPU war
- 5 burning questions about AMD's Zen chip
- Nvidia tempts GeForce Experience 3.0 users with Gears of War 4 giveaway
- Intel's latest Xeon chips based on Skylake due next year
- Intel packs more horsepower in its monster 22-core processor
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Android device updates: the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge are finally getting Nougat
- 2 Sensitive access tokens and keys found in hundreds of Android apps
- 3 Here's how much Tesla will require EV owners to pay to charge up
- 4 PCWorld's January Digital Edition: How AMD's Ryzen chip could change everything
- 5 AI should enhance, not replace, humans, say CEOs of IBM and Microsoft
Join the PC World New Zealand newsletter!
- Old foes call a truce as Google and Microsoft reach patent agreement
- BlackBerry unveils first security-focused Android smartphone
- Lumia 640: Nothing budget about Microsoft’s latest handset
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?