After using Surface Book i7 with Performance Base every day for a moth, senior writer Sarah K. White offers her impression of the Surface Book 2.
Back in 2014, Intel declared it wanted laptops to be free of wires, and a centerpiece of that plan was wireless charging. But the technology has been slow to mature, and it may be years before the technology takes off.
We pit the newest and best PC laptops against Apple's latest models in a knock-down, drag-out benchmark brawl.
The Asus Transformer Mini (T102HA) looks awful on paper, but stellar battery life and a well-designed exterior still make this affordable Surface clone worth a look.
HP's Spectre x360 gets a major upgrade that makes it not only the best convertible laptop, but possibly the best ultrabook laptop, period.
The use of solid state drives in notebooks and laptops has surpassed analyst expectations and is expected to reach 50% within the next few years.
Some iMacs that shipped between 2012 and 2014 came with faulty hinges, so now Apple is taking responsibility and issuing refunds for repairs.
The Acer Predator returns with a slimmed-down pricetag and a beefed-up chassis.
Acer's Swift 7 and Dell's XPS 13 ultraportables both take advantage of Intel's new Kirby Lake processor. We compare the two.
Intel Core i3, Core i5, and Core i7 CPUs have been around for a few years now, but some buyers still get stumped whenever they attempt to build their own systems and are forced to choose among the three. With the more recent 7th Generation (Kaby Lake) architecture now available in notebooks that are on store shelves, and the rest of the processors expected to launch in January, we expect the latest wave of buyers to ask the same kind of questions.
There's a lot to like in Apple's new MacBook Pro -- newer chips, faster SSD storage, and brighter, better display. But it's the Touch Bar that represents the biggest change.
Dell's proprietary portable battery pack for laptops gives you stupendous battery life.
The folks at iFixit got their hands on the new 13-inch MacBook Pro with Touch Bar, and here are all the surprises they uncovered during their teardown.
Latest News Articles
- Dell: Mainstream laptops with wireless charging are still years away
- SSD adoption in laptops exceeds expectations
- Apple will refund you for your iMac hinge repair costs
- MacBook Pro teardown reveals pointless speaker grilles and hard-to-replace Touch Bar
- Apple leads tablet sales, but the iPad Pro is not its best seller
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Performance-boosting Game Mode discovered in new Windows 10 preview build
- 2 Dash cam review: The Garmin Dash Cam 35 is a little bigger and better for the price
- 3 Dash cam review: The Viofo A119 is a surprisingly good bargain
- 4 Nintendo Switch console details revealed: launch date, price, games, paid multiplayer, and more
- 5 Dash cam review: The Cobra CDR895D Drive HD offers affordable dual-channel video
Join the PC World New Zealand newsletter!
- Old foes call a truce as Google and Microsoft reach patent agreement
- BlackBerry unveils first security-focused Android smartphone
- Lumia 640: Nothing budget about Microsoft’s latest handset
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?