Orbi satellites communicate with the router, not with each other; but 4x4 backhaul enabled best-in-class performance in most of our benchmarks.
Networking, Wireless & VoIP - Reviews
It’s not the right router for everyone, but there’s plenty to like and it’s priced right.
Linksys’ latest looks a bit like a massive upturned spider which can be a bit disconcerting in low-light and shadow-rich environments. It’s no looker, although the LED lights on the front have a certain Knight Rider quality to them.
This is a group test of three of the latest AC5300 (and AC5400) 802.11ac, MU-MIMO wireless routers. It’s part of a series of articles that has seen us investigate:-
As part of an ongoing WiFi investigation we’ve tested three of the latest routers from Netgear, Linksys and D-Link. The first two use the latest, speedy MU-MIMO technology which keeps fast devices running fast even if there are slow devices on the sa...
We’ve spent the week testing three of the latest MU-MIMO routers: Netgear’s Nighthawk X8, D-Link’s DIR-895L and Linksys EA9500. While our results resemble a group test (which will be forthcoming) this article focuses on the benefits of the latest MU-...
Many people hate their WiFi and usually because it’s due to range issues. The main ways of increasing range are to buy an expensive new router, use a powerline adapter or buy a WiFi range extender. Expensive new routers are, well, expensive. But, as ...
This security camera deviates from the Dropcam model to focus on strong security features.
This indoor/outdoor camera delivers solid surveillance on its own or as part of a comprehensive security system.
Eyes often gloss over when people broach the subject of modem-routers. That’s not the case with D-Link’s Taipan, a modem-router that looks like the wacky lovechild of Alien and Optimus Prime.
In the old days, when you wanted to improve your Wi-Fi performance, you’d grab yourself a dual-band router to break up your devices according to 2.4GHz and 5GHz clients. These days, it’s all about triple-band routers. You want more performance? Get y...
The Viper is an ADSL2+ modem and wireless router in one, and it supports 802.11ac speeds up to 1300Mbps (megabits per second). What does this mean? It's quick, but you need supported devices to get the most out of it.
Belkin's AC1800 Dual Band Wireless Modem Router is a two-in-one ADSL2+ modem-router with an 802.11ac wireless performance of up to 1300Mbps. It maintains the physical shape and exterior finish of other recent Belkin routers that we've tested, and its...
TP-Link's TD-W8980 is an ADSL2+ modem-router that's fit to the run the Internet distribution needs of a fairly typical home network. We found it to be a reliable performer during our extended test period, and it was also very easy to set-up and use. ...
A new shape has been embraced by D-Link and it's cylindrical. The company's DSL-2890AL modem-router immediately stands out because of its tall and round design, but it's also got plenty of good stuff inside. It's an 802.11ac router that can supply fa...
Latest News Articles
- Chips coming by June will herald the next generation of Wi-Fi
- Plume's 'routerless' mesh network blankets your home in Wi-Fi with an army of tiny pods
- Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router goes all the way to 11
- New Skype Preview lets Windows 10 Insiders manage phone texts on PCs
- Linksys unveils a storage companion for its WRT-series routers, and a passel of other devices at CES 2015
Most Popular Articles
- 1 LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- 2 Hisense displays successors to amazing Series 7 ULED - Series 8 and 9
- 3 Dell's wild 8K monitor goes on sale with a just-as-stunning price tag
- 4 Microsoft expands connected car push with patent licensing
- 5 Look before you leap: 4 hard truths about IoT
Join the PC World New Zealand newsletter!
- Old foes call a truce as Google and Microsoft reach patent agreement
- BlackBerry unveils first security-focused Android smartphone
- Lumia 640: Nothing budget about Microsoft’s latest handset
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?