The R9s Plus is the oversized, supercharged version of the supercharged version. And it looks like many of the foibles have gone.
Smartphones - Reviews
Many people here haven't heard of Oppo but the company is HUGE in China and it makes some seriously good phones.
Phone aficionados have a soft spot for HTC. The company’s hardware almost always seems to be very well made and only occasionally tainted by dodgy software or pricing. Here’s the new HTC U Ultra. It’s a bit of a tongue twister to say out loud, but ...
HTC has finally released its HTC U Ultra, is it as good as we hoped?
Here’s a phone we’ve looked forward to reviewing. The Mate 7 was our phone of 2014 and the Mate 8 was in our Top 5 best phones of 2016. We’ve reviewed many middling phones of late so we’ve been hoping that Huawei’s new flagship would impress us. It d...
ZTE has perhaps been best known for manufacturing other people’s phones – Telstra has used them to make it’s own phones in the past. But with the Axon 7, we’re seeing the company launch it’s own flagship onto these shores under its own banner.
We’ve been seriously impressed with Oppo phones in the past. The Oppo F1s was one of the best value phones of last year. Now the R9S hits the market with a spec sheet that rivals a Samsung Galaxy S7 – but it’s much thinner and looks great, so should ...
While budget-conscious phones are getting better, the ZMax Pro feels stuck in the past.
The Le Pro3 looks and feels like a winner, and then you begin using it and everything starts to fall apart.
Huawei has launched a new, second-tier Android phone called the Nova Plus. But while it’s some distance off the current top-tier of Android phones in terms of price, the specs are less far behind. It appears at a time where the flagship, Huawei Mate ...
It's $100 less than the Axon 7, but you’re giving up a lot more than screen size with the smaller device.
LeEco's Le Pro3 Android smartphone has high-end hardware and a low price -- sounds like a great deal, right? But it may not be a deal you’ll want to make.
It's not the best phone for photos or video, but the V20 is still a great all-around phone for Android fans who want a kitchen sink full of features.
So Apple finally deigned to provide us with an iPhone 7 Plus review unit. The phone itself (plus the first reviews) came out six weeks ago so the interest in what we have to say will have waned somewhat by now. In fact, who’s even going to bother re...
This is a very down and dirty comparison of low-end audio performance on the Apple iPhone 7 and the Google Pixel XL as recorded on a Sony Xperia XZ phone!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung unveils Bixby voice assistant for upcoming Galaxy S8
- BlackBerry readies a more secure version of the Samsung Galaxy S7
- Android device updates: Nougat rollout begins for the Moto Z Play
- ZTE pays US$892M settlement to US over illegal sales to Iran
- Beyond smartphones, Samsung wants its Exynos 9 chip in VR headsets
Most Popular Articles
- 1 LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- 2 Hisense displays successors to amazing Series 7 ULED - Series 8 and 9
- 3 Dell's wild 8K monitor goes on sale with a just-as-stunning price tag
- 4 Microsoft expands connected car push with patent licensing
- 5 Look before you leap: 4 hard truths about IoT
Join the PC World New Zealand newsletter!
- Old foes call a truce as Google and Microsoft reach patent agreement
- BlackBerry unveils first security-focused Android smartphone
- Lumia 640: Nothing budget about Microsoft’s latest handset
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?