Panasonic’s set-top boxes can manage free-to-air Freeview channels and play/record to Blu-ray and DVD.
Can Apple set its streaming box apart from lower-priced rivals?
Apple Music plans to make exclusive original content a selling point for subscribers.
With so many thrilling movies being released to Blu-ray every week, it’s quite hard to keep track of each one of them even for the avid loves of film and cinema. But you can’t look away. In fact, there is nothing worse than a blind buy that ends up being a disappointment.
Hopefully the hire is a sign that Apple is investing more in the Apple TV.
The Nvidia Shield TV, a $200 media streamer and gaming box, doesn't appeal to everyone, and that's okay.
Foxtel's iQ3 and its Bluetooth Foxtel Remote are appalling and the same content can be had cheaper and easier elsewhere. We examine the problem of Foxtel Pricing and look at ways to cut the cord and save money.
You can buy an AirTV now, but the product won't integrate antenna and Sling TV channels until "early 2017."
Google's eager aide offers some useful tools, but in order to overtake Alexa it needs to talk to more apps and services.
Sling TV CEO Roger Lynch talks pricing, DVR, and certified hardware.
The guts of Onkyo's SBT-A500 sound bar come in an external box to give the speaker an ultra-low profile
Onkyo's ultra-low profile soundbar and wireless subwoofer will support Dolby Atmos, DTS Play-Fi, Apple AirPlay, and all the streaming services you know and love.
If you love going to the movies or live sporting events, but could do without high ticket and concession prices — not to mention babysitting costs — it’s time to create your own in-home entertainment center. A home entertainment room doesn’t have to compromise your traditional theatre or sports venue experience, either. Simply dedicate the bulk of your remodelling budget to replicating the elements that make the theatre or in-person experience so enjoyable: a large screen, quality audio, and big, comfortable seats.
So we may have got a bit excited at the announcement of this device from Plox. But it’s quite natural to regress to a small child when something like this comes along. Yes it’s a levitating Death Star speaker and yes you (and/or your kids) will probably want one. Yes Christmas is coming and yes, it’s $250. That’s not cheap. So is it worth buying?
Plex Media Player is now available to everyone, as is the Plex experience which is now on Kodi.
The change is a bit of an about face for Google, which is opting to bank on its successful Chromecast name for all supported hardware.
Latest News Articles
- Up next for Apple TV: 4K streaming reportedly in the works
- Apple’s original TV shows are almost ready for prime time
- Apple snags Amazon Fire TV exec to lead Apple TV efforts
- AirTV's slick marriage of Sling TV and OTA channels isn't in the product yet
- Here's what's coming next from Sling TV
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Samsung mulls iris scanners on smartphones to log into Windows PCs
- 2 Razer's Power Bank boosts your laptop battery while charging two smartphones
- 3 Why AMD had to change the Zen name to Ryzen for its new chip architecture
- 4 FCC puts the brakes on ISP privacy rules it just passed in October
- 5 Cerise Circular review: This Mac Pro wannabe gets sidetracked by gaming
Join the PC World New Zealand newsletter!
- Old foes call a truce as Google and Microsoft reach patent agreement
- BlackBerry unveils first security-focused Android smartphone
- Lumia 640: Nothing budget about Microsoft’s latest handset
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?