Millennials are spending more, not less, time with their PCs than before. Studies indicate that the average time spent on a PC has gone up by 12 minutes since 2012. In addition, consumers are spending twice as much time watching movies and TV shows on PCs rather than tablets and smartphones combined.
Meet DragonBoard 820c, a supercharged board computer that will make Raspberry Pi 3 look like a turtle.
Microsoft's program allowing potential customers to try a Surface Hub for 30 days before buying it will start on Feb. 15.
Samsung has scrapped its Raspberry Pi 3 competitor called Artik 10 as it moves to create smaller and more powerful boards to create gadgets, robots, drones and IoT devices.
Several years ago many major tech leaders declared that the PC was dead. It seemed that the art of connecting people to tethered screens had come to an end. I think what industry leaders actually meant was, that the age of good-enough computing was now here and that the normal selling cycles of people replacing their PCs every 12 or 24 months had come to an end simply because whatever they were currently using was good enough.
Google wants to bring smarts to cool gadgets and devices made using Raspberry Pi 3 or Intel's Edison.
Most people can figure out how to install RAM sticks into their computer. If you don’t there’s a tutorial here. In short, make sure everything is off and then install the sticks to take advantage of the multiple channels on offer. Your motherboard manual will tell you which slots to put the sticks in to do this. The reason is simply that two sticks operating along two channels is faster than two sticks operating along the same channel. That’s all.
The past few months has seen us building a test rig to test components and peripherals. It is very high spec in order to remove as much latency and as many bottlenecks from the system as possible.
The teardown masters at iFixit got their hands on a Surface Studio earlier than expected. Inside, they found swappable storage drives and a dedicated ARM processor for the display.
Zotac's sharing more details about its backpack PC that "untethers" virtual reality users.
Raptor Engineering hopes to build a nonproprietary motherboard that'll fit in ATX cases—and it just got cheaper thanks the to U.S. presidential election.
What better way to blow through shooting games than on a custom PC that looks like a minigun?
HP's luring Apple Mac users to switch over to its PCs with sleek and powerful hardware, and hopes the new Z2 Mini will attract Mac Mini users.
Battlefield 1 runs gloriously on a gaming PC powered by AMD's FX-8370 processor and Radeon RX 480.
Latest News Articles
- Samsung Galaxy S7 hardware will come to the DragonBoard 820c computer
- Now you can try Microsoft's supersized Surface Hub before buying
- Samsung scraps a Raspberry Pi 3 competitor, shrinks Artik line
- Google wants to add AI to gadgets made using Raspberry Pi
- How to fix a limited connectivity problem on a Windows 7 PC
Most Popular Articles
- 1 This $450 Core i5 laptop from HP costs less new than used
- 2 Apple, Microsoft and Amazon offer fairer deal on cloud storage
- 3 AT&T jumps on the unlimited data bandwagon with $100 per month plan
- 4 Radeon Vega vs. GeForce GTX 1080 Ti? AMD, Nvidia announce dueling events at GDC 2017
- 5 Xiaomi planning second version of its revolutionary Mi Mix ‘bezel-less’ phone
Join the PC World New Zealand newsletter!
- Old foes call a truce as Google and Microsoft reach patent agreement
- BlackBerry unveils first security-focused Android smartphone
- Lumia 640: Nothing budget about Microsoft’s latest handset
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?