Social media was enabled by the digital revolution and rapid increase in mobile technologyfrom netbooks to tablets, to smartphones and smartwatches. Apps such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and WhatsApp and a whole lot more, are all enjoyed by social media users. It is estimated there will be 2.67 billion social network users by 2018.
Tired of Tinder? There are new, more interesting ways to find a date this Valentine’s Day.
Google begins to crack down on Play Store apps with dubious privacy policies, warning developers that it will take action beginning March 15.
Video calling is finally coming to the world's more than one billion WhatsApp users on Android, iOS, and Windows.
Not content to cede the artificial intelligence market to Google, the AI effort will be a key part of a comeback after the Note7 fiasco.
After almost four years, the Gmail app finally gets an update, plus Google Calendar adds Spotlight search support.
Weight loss needn't be hard. In fact, you can lose weight with just a few taps on your phone screen each day.
The latest move attempts to improve the app discovery process so it's not unfairly used by developers seeking an unfair advantage.
The new features will make your phone a more helpful assistant during your next trip since you won't have to mess with the screen.
When you buy a boat, they say the best day is the day you buy it and the second best day is the day you sell it. Whether it’s terrifying depreciation, mooring fees, cleaning fees and/or maintenance fees, there’s something to put dread into many buyers of anything larger than a small fishing boat. There’s also the issue that boats need to be used regularly lest the hull’s turn into fully-developed, barnacle-fueled ecosystems – but renting and lending them out can be a liability and risk-laden kerfuffle too.
A flexible third-party calendar app for macOS and iOS that works with all leading cloud services.
Apple's iMessage service will have a much bigger impact than you think. It's all about the App Store.
iOS 10 allows apps to provider Caller ID labels for incoming voice calls, and automatically block callers, too.
Have you ever ignored the person you are with, be it a boyfriend or a friend, in order to look for a suitable #quoteoftheday (with just the right mix of inspiration and cute) to wow your hundred-something Instagram admirers?
A rogue Pokémon Go helper application with over 500,000 downloads on Google Play had Trojan code that downloaded root exploits to take over Android devices.
Latest News Articles
- Google might be gearing up to remove millions of Play Store apps next month
- WhatsApp finally launches video calling
- Samsung is launching its own digital assistant for the Galaxy S8
- Google Play is cracking down on fake reviews and fraudulent install numbers
- Google Maps for Android adds 'OK Google' voice, navigation commands and other search tricks
Most Popular Articles
- 1 LG's 4K HDR monitor gets a price and release date, heralding a new era for PC displays
- 2 How much can a fibre carry? Facebook and Nokia are pushing it
- 3 Qantas to back startups in innovation push
- 4 Hackers threaten to wipe millions of Apple devices, demand ransom
- 5 Star Citizen dumps DirectX 12 plans to focus on Vulkan-powered graphics
Join the PC World New Zealand newsletter!
- Old foes call a truce as Google and Microsoft reach patent agreement
- BlackBerry unveils first security-focused Android smartphone
- Lumia 640: Nothing budget about Microsoft’s latest handset
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?