Logitech Folio for iPad Air
This nylon folio case for iPad Air doubles as a stand.
- Tough, water-resistant casing
- Available in attractive, bright colours
- Multi-angle stand
- Minimal side protection
- Doesn't offer much in the way of shallow viewing angles
- High price, particularly for Australian customers
A good case, which doubles a stand that's ideal for video playback and some games. Not as suitable for artists, due the lack of shallow angles for sketching or painting with a stylus.
This case's tough nylon shell provides protection and water resistance, though like most cases, it doesn't cover the sides. It does have a fair overhang, however, which prevents you from bumping the edges of the iPad Air against anything. In a bag, though, it's easy for objects like keys or metal-barrelled pens to scratch up the iPad's outer edges despite the case.
The case has a magnetic closure, which is strong enough to keep it from coming open as it's carried around. However, like the open sides, it doesn't provide much protection in a bag, from objects working their way in-between the iPad's screen and the front of the case. I had this happen a couple of times with my , which is a scratch-risk waiting to happen. I'm not going to hold that against it too much, though, as it still provides substantially better protection than the iPad's basic Smart Cover.
It's possible to stand the iPad up at various angles tending toward vertical, which proved excellent for watching videos or playing strategic (non-tap-heavy) games like XCOM: Enemy Unknown or My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. However, besides the almost-horizontal angle you can achieve by lying the case flat, there's no way to achieve the sort of shallow, 10-30-degree angles I find useful when drawing or painting with a stylus.
Overall a good case, though its stand may be better suited to movie-buffs than artists. The AU/NZ$80 RRP is a bit high, but we’ve seen retail prices as low as AU$70/NZ$54. For whatever reason, New Zealand customers really get a price advantage on this one.
Join the PC World New Zealand newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple working on a fix for iPad Pros bricked by iOS 9.3.2
- Android device updates: HTC One M8 and M9 finally score Marshmallow for US models
- Report: Apple to hold March 2016 event to launch Watch 2, iPhone 6c and iPad Pro
- Pixel C team promises split-screen multitasking, better tablet apps during Reddit AMA
- iPad Pro problems: Apple acknowledges mysterious shutdowns, but no fix yet
Most Popular Articles
- 1 I switched to Google's Pixel phone and survived
- 2 Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1050 and GTX 1050 Ti can give prebuilt PCs a big gaming boost
- 3 Chinese firm admits its hacked products were behind massive DDoS attack
- 4 Razer's revamped Blade Pro laptop marries a GeForce GTX 1080 with 4K G-Sync
- 5 AMD drops Radeon RX 460, RX 470 prices ahead of Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1050 launch
- Old foes call a truce as Google and Microsoft reach patent agreement
- BlackBerry unveils first security-focused Android smartphone
- Lumia 640: Nothing budget about Microsoft’s latest handset
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?