Logitech Folio for iPad Air
This nylon folio case for iPad Air doubles as a stand.
- Tough, water-resistant casing
- Available in attractive, bright colours
- Multi-angle stand
- Minimal side protection
- Doesn't offer much in the way of shallow viewing angles
- High price, particularly for Australian customers
A good case, which doubles a stand that's ideal for video playback and some games. Not as suitable for artists, due the lack of shallow angles for sketching or painting with a stylus.
This case's tough nylon shell provides protection and water resistance, though like most cases, it doesn't cover the sides. It does have a fair overhang, however, which prevents you from bumping the edges of the iPad Air against anything. In a bag, though, it's easy for objects like keys or metal-barrelled pens to scratch up the iPad's outer edges despite the case.
The case has a magnetic closure, which is strong enough to keep it from coming open as it's carried around. However, like the open sides, it doesn't provide much protection in a bag, from objects working their way in-between the iPad's screen and the front of the case. I had this happen a couple of times with my , which is a scratch-risk waiting to happen. I'm not going to hold that against it too much, though, as it still provides substantially better protection than the iPad's basic Smart Cover.
It's possible to stand the iPad up at various angles tending toward vertical, which proved excellent for watching videos or playing strategic (non-tap-heavy) games like XCOM: Enemy Unknown or My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. However, besides the almost-horizontal angle you can achieve by lying the case flat, there's no way to achieve the sort of shallow, 10-30-degree angles I find useful when drawing or painting with a stylus.
Overall a good case, though its stand may be better suited to movie-buffs than artists. The AU/NZ$80 RRP is a bit high, but we’ve seen retail prices as low as AU$70/NZ$54. For whatever reason, New Zealand customers really get a price advantage on this one.
Latest News Articles
- Tablets make up 9.5 per cent of devices market: Gartner
- IDF: three wireless technologies that will make your life easier
- IDF keynote: from stylish wearables to wireless laptop charging
- Intel aims directly at tablets and hybrids with its Core M CPU
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S is all about the viewing experience
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Pirate Bay co-founder found guilty of hacking in Denmark
- 2 Ambulance drones could bring defibrillators in minutes
- 3 Top 9 smartphones available in NZ
- 4 20 essential Windows 8 tips and tricks
- 5 Dell's Alienware 13 laptop lets gamers use powerful desktop graphics cards