Microsoft said Monday that members of its Insider Program for Xbox One will start seeing the first Creators Update features, including UI improvements that add updated Home screens, Guide, and audio options.
Android apps are coming to all Chromebooks released in 2017 or later, Google says.
The Asus Tinker Board offers a solid mini-HTPC alternative to the Raspberry Pi, especially if you have a 4K TV.
If you've ever wanted to roleplay inside of a transdimensional slug city, or fall into a maze seemingly hidden in your own subconscious, then Torment: Tides of Numenera is for you.
A Steam update late last week makes it so you can finally move a game to a new drive from within the client, rather than dragging the folder manually. Good news for SSD owners.
The past few months has seen us building a test rig to test components and peripherals. It is very high spec in order to remove as much latency and as many bottlenecks from the system as possible.
Samsung Electronics on Monday blamed batteries supplied by two manufacturers for the overheating and even explosions of some Galaxy Note7 phones, as it tried to provide a long due explanation for the issues surrounding the smartphone.
The developer behind Lavabit, an email service that noted leaker Edward Snowden used, is releasing source code for an open-source end-to-end encrypted email standard that promises surveillance-proof messaging.
A nasty spat between Apple and Qualcomm broke into public view on Friday when the smartphone maker accused the chip supplier of charging "exorbitant" licensing fees for its cellular technology.
An exascale supercomputer will likely be delivered somewhere in the world before Trump's first term ends. This may be a Sputnik moment for the new administration.
Microsoft's Twitch competitor, Beam, launches Beam.pro, which has moved out of beta with support for 10Mbps streams with resolutions up to 1440p.
Microsoft has set March 26 as the end date for support of the original Windows 10 edition that arrived in July 2015.
No cable? No problem. Here's how to watch Donald Trump's presidential inauguration live online for free.
Microsoft's taskbar ads continue. This time with a Microsoft-made extension for Chrome.
GeForce Now for the Shield TV and GeForce Now for PCs and Macs are two wildly different services for streaming PC games to you devices, despite the similar names.
Latest News Articles
- Trump names net neutrality foe Ajit Pai to lead the FCC
- Samsung sees 2016 profit jump despite Note 7 debacle
- Microsoft expands FastTrack migration service
- Yahoo pushes back timing of Verizon deal after breaches
- Microsoft's first Creators Update features for Xbox One focus on Home, Guide, Copilot
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Microsoft to retire original Windows 10 on March 26
- 2 Why Apple will make smart glasses
- 3 Trump likely to see the birth of an exascale system
- 4 Microsoft's latest Windows 10 ad annoys Chrome users with taskbar pop-ups
- 5 Microsoft's upgraded Beam game-streaming service goes live, taking on Twitch and YouTube
Join the PC World New Zealand newsletter!
- Old foes call a truce as Google and Microsoft reach patent agreement
- BlackBerry unveils first security-focused Android smartphone
- Lumia 640: Nothing budget about Microsoft’s latest handset
- Intel Core i3 vs i5 vs i7: find out which cpu is better
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?